Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor, a professor at Princeton University, has been besieged by death threats after delivering a commencement speech last month at Hampshire College. In the speech, Professor Taylor slammed President Donald Trump and had to cancel upcoming speaking engagements as a result of threats.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
On NewsOne Now, Roland Martin reported on Taylor’s recent statements regarding the hate mail and threats after her keynote speech in Amherst, Massachusetts during Hampshire’s commencement.
“The president of the United States, the most powerful politician in the world, is a racist, sexist megalomaniac,” Taylor said in the keynote, which conservative news organizations have zeroed in on, most notably Fox News.
Martin said he didn’t see anything controversial about Taylor’s Trump comments, and then displayed a Facebook post where users threatened her with lynching, murder, and a bullet to the head.
While the threats against Taylor are no laughing matter, Martin injected a touch of humor before playing the clip saying, “please send me some threats, I’m a come to your house!”
These Creative Caps Won Graduation 2016
1. You better #RESPECK the class of #2016 😩Source:Instagram 1 of 12
2. Genius.Source:Instagram 2 of 12
3. We’re here for the PRIDE.Source:Twitter 3 of 12
4. Preach.Source:Twitter 4 of 12
5. The perfect balance between ratchet and righteous.Source:Twitter 5 of 12
6. Because it wouldn’t be right without a little Beyonce.Source:Twitter 6 of 12
7. They win.Source:Instagram 7 of 12
8. Major key.Source:Instagram 8 of 12
9. 👏Source:Instagram 9 of 12
10. Yes, yes, YES.Source:Instagram 10 of 12
11. “I was the Beyoncé in a school full of Michelles.”Source:Instagram 11 of 12
12. Ahh, the nostalgia.Source:Instagram 12 of 12