Roland Martin and NewsOne Now examined a preview of Barack Obama‘s presidential library in Chicago, which boasts some unique features.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Martin shared with NewsOne Now viewers some of the details of the library, along with video provided by The Obama Foundation of the plans for the site.
“The library will stand in Chicago’s Jackson Park and will consist of three buildings, including a museum. He [Obama] described the museum as a transformational project for the community. It will also be the first completely digital presidential library and will also contain a branch of the Chicago Public Library. It will cost about $500 million dollars and will also likely open in 2021,” said Martin.
Watch Roland Martin describe the upcoming presidential library for Barack Obama in the clip above.
11 Reasons We Are Thankful For President Barack Obama
1. We’ll never forget the moment President Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. And let’s not forget President Obama was the man behind capturing and killing Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. He also rejoiced when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting same-sex marriage.Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. He always gets his hands a little dirty.Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. He genuinely, wholeheartedly, loves the kids.Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. Plus, he’s all about b-ball.Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. He made two of our favorite players the happiest men on Earth.Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. … And what a beautiful example for men on how to treat the ladies in your life.Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. There will never be another as suave as President Obama & for that alone, we’re thankful.Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. He gave us hope…10 of 10