It’s been a year and a half since Joe Biden decided to not run for president, but he believes he could have won it all.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
“The answer is that I had planned on running for president, and although it would’ve been a difficult primary, I think I could’ve won. I don’t know. Maybe not, but I thought I could’ve won,” he said during an interview at Colgate University this past Friday, writes CNN.
“I had a lot of data and I was fairly confident that if I were the Democratic party’s nominee, I had a better-than-ever chance of being president,” the report says.
Though Biden was initially considering running for President, he’d eventually back out, citing the death of his son Beau following his battle with brain cancer. The former Vice President said that he “lost part of his soul” when Beau passed.
Although he’s confident that he’d win if he ran, he doesn’t regret the decision because of the timing.
“I don’t regret not running in the sense that it was the right decision for my boy, for me, for my family at the time,” Biden said, according to The Washington Post. “But do I regret not being president? Yes. And I know that sounds, I know what it sounds like. But no man or woman announces for president of the United States unless they honestly believe from their experience they’re the best qualified person to do that.”
Biden would eventually stop talking about his presidential bid to focus to discuss the elephant in the room, President Trump and his tumultuous relationship with the media.
“The attempt to delegitimize the press — ‘fake news’ — is the first act of any political scoundrel,” Biden said. “We are uniquely a product of our political constitution,” he said.
26 Pictures Of President Obama & VP Joe Biden Looking Like A Rap Duo
1. Streets On Lock 2Source:GettyImages 1 of 26
2. Trappin’ Out The White HouseSource:Getty Images 2 of 26
3. Veto Out The BandoSource:GettyImages 3 of 26
4. Handsome & WealthySource:GettyImages 4 of 26
5. Presidential Pimpin': The MovieSource:GettyImages 5 of 26
6. Got Ya Back Vol. 2.Source:GettyImages 6 of 26
7. No Bin Laden, No Problems.Source:GettyImages 7 of 26
8. Barack Squad Mafia Vol. 6Source:GettyImages 8 of 26
9. 56 Executive OrdersSource:GettyImages 9 of 26
10. Beast Mode: Presidential Edition Vol. 6Source:GettyImages 10 of 26
11. The World vs. PotusSource:GettyImages 11 of 26
12. Leaning Off LiensSource:GettyImages 12 of 26
13. Barack vs. BarrySource:GettyImages 13 of 26
14. Bottom Bitches & White Houses Vol. 4Source:GettyImages 14 of 26
15. One Nation Under FilibustersSource:GettyImages 15 of 26
16. Hard To Kill III16 of 26
17. We ReadySource:GettyImages 17 of 26
18. No Republicans, Just Rims Vol. 2Source:GettyImages 18 of 26
19. Finna Be LitSource:GettyImages 19 of 26
20. Hop Out The White HouseSource:GettyImages 20 of 26
21. Suits & The SenateSource:GettyImages 21 of 26
22. Potus 2 TimesSource:GettyImages 22 of 26
23. Nicer Than ISISSource:GettyImages 23 of 26
24. Young Potus Barack La FlareSource:GettyImages 24 of 26
25. Money, Iran, & ImmigrationSource:GettyImages 25 of 26
26. Diary Of A Presidential GodSource:GettyImages 26 of 26