Marvin Gaye‘s son is not a fan of his dad’s upcoming biopic.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
As a matter of fact, according to TMZ, Marvin Gaye III says that no one in the family is supporting Sexual Healing, which is being produced by music mogul Vassal Benford.
“Gaye III’s got a lot of problems with what he’s seen of the film. He says it’s untrue, exploitative, with a ton of holes and worst of all … doesn’t ‘hold the vibe of my father.’
He adds the family’s attorney has already been contacted, and—perhaps buoyed by their success in the ‘Blurred Lines’ case — they’re confident the movie won’t see the light of day.
As for Benford, he tells us it’s full steam ahead, and several superstars will be involved in recording the soundtrack. He even bought a baller ring as a gift for himself … to celebrate making the movie.”
Stay tuned—either for development on-screen or in court.
The 10 Best Music Biopics Of All Time (PHOTOS)
1. What's Love Got To Do With It? (1993)Source:IMDB 1 of 10
2. Selena (1997)Source:IMDB 2 of 10
3. Ray (2004)Source:IMDB 3 of 10
4. Walk The Line (2005)Source:IMDB 4 of 10
5. The Jacksons: The American Dream (1992)Source:IMDb 5 of 10
6. The Temptations (1998)Source:IMDB 6 of 10
7. Notorious (2009)Source:IMDB 7 of 10
8. Why Do Fools Fall in LoveSource:IMDB 8 of 10
9. Amadeus (1984)Source:IMDB 9 of 10
10. Purple Rain (1984)Source:IMDB 10 of 10
SOURCE: TMZ | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty