Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer spoke out against Kaepernick’s decision to kneel during the anthem, saying that as backup quarterback, the NFL star’s job is to “be quiet and stay in the shadows,” but Kaep had just the right response for his naysayer.
Following the San Francisco 49ers’ win against the Los Angeles Rams during Monday Night Football, he told reporters, “I think that’s one of the most ridiculous comments I’ve heard. The fact [Dilfer] says, ‘You are a backup QB, stay in your place.’ That’s an issue.”
He continued, “To me, you are telling me that my position as a backup QB and being quiet is more important than people’s lives. I would ask him to really have a conversation with the families of people that have been murdered and see if he still feels that way. Because I bet that he doesn’t, just because he hasn’t experienced that type of oppression. I hope he goes home and really thinks about what he said and how it impacts not just (him) but how it impacts people whose lives are affected by these issues on a daily basis.”
Dilfer’s criticism made him a social media target. Thanks also goes to co-anchor Randy Moss‘ hilarious and pissed-off reaction to his comments:
Social media is undefeated.
The Hottest Rookies Of The 2014-2015 NFL Season (PHOTOS)
1. Cody Latimer of the Broncos.Source:Twitter 1 of 13
2. Bashaud Breeland of the Redskins.Source:Instagram 2 of 13
3. Johnny Manziel of the Browns.Source:Instagram 3 of 13
4. Jadeveon Clowney of the Texans.Source:Instagram 4 of 13
5. Brandin Cooks of the Saints.Source:Instagram 5 of 13
6. Deone Bucannon of the Cardinals.Source:Instagram 6 of 13
7. Blake Bortles of the Jaguars.Source:Instagram 7 of 13
8. Jimmie Ward of the 49ers.Source:Instagram 8 of 13
9. Haha Clinton-Dix of the Packers.Source:Instagram 9 of 13
10. Khalil Mack of the Raiders.Source:Instagram 10 of 13
11. Aaron Lynch of the 49ers.Source:Twitter 11 of 13
12. Bishop Sankey of the Titans.Source:Instagram 12 of 13
13. Ryan Grant of the Redskins.Source:Twitter 13 of 13
SOURCE: USA Today | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Twitter