Kanye West will soon debut his long-awaited Yeezy Season 4 collection on September 7th, the opening day of New York Fashion Week. However, his latest announcement on behalf of the brand wasn’t very well-received.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The rapper/fashion designer posted an open casting call on his Twitter account in a search of models to be held the following day (September 4) in New York City. However, he is calling for “multiracial women only” and as you can expect, Twitter wasn’t having it.
Several fans suspected that the exclusionary nature of the casting was meant to filter out Black women.
Others, however, weren’t so quick to jump to conclusions about what the ‘multiracial’ qualification could mean. Several tweets pointed out Kanye’s selection of dark skinned models for past Yeezy shows, and offered the possibility that perhaps Yeezy just isn’t looking for white models:
Kanye of course hasn’t responded to the backlash.
Do you think Kanye was dead wrong for wanting multiracial women, or are folks just overreacting?
10 Times Kim Kardashian Raided Kanye’s Closet
1. Wore my new Yeezy Season 2 heels with an orange 🍊 Pablo shirt yesterday in support of gun violence awareness day. Something has to change 🚫🔫Source:Instagram 1 of 10
2. His and hers leather jackets & monogrammed towels.Source:Instagram 2 of 10
3. Must be nice to have access to free Pablo merch.Source:Instagram 3 of 10
4. SLAY MA 🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽Source:Instagram 4 of 10
5. Thank God Yeezy let his wife borrow his jacket.Source:Instagram 5 of 10
6. Hey ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ @kimkardashian @jonathanchebanSource:Instagram 6 of 10
7. Kim, Nori & P at Underwood Farm on an Easter egg hunt yesterday 21.3.16❤️ | #KimKardashian #KimKardashianWest #KimK #Kim #Kardashian #Kardashians #Kimye #KanyeWest #NorthWest #Kuwtk @KimKardashianSource:Instagram 7 of 10
8. Kimmy’s Mini-Me.Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. All DaySource:Instagram 9 of 10
10. I miss him so much! #TourLife #HurryHome ✈️🎤Source:Instagram 10 of 10
SOURCE: Twitter | IMAGE CREDIT: Getty