As the possibility of Donald Trump winning the Republican party’s nomination becomes more probable by the day, a group of Republican donors have hired a firm to find another viable candidate to stop Trump in his tracks.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The Florida based company, Data Targeting, has since determined that former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is the only feasible solution.
During her political career, Rice was the first African American woman to be appointed national security adviser by President George W. Bush, as well as the first black woman to serve as U.S. Secretary of State.
Data Targeting’s research has concluded that as an independent candidate, Rice could secure at least 10-25 percent support from black and Hispanic voters.
The firm claims to have already contacted Rice and she’s reportedly “reluctant at this stage.”
According to memo, if the 61-year-old were to enter into the race, she would need to gather approximately 80,000 valid petition signatures in Texas by May 9 and over 90,000 signatures in North Carolina by June 9.
“This has grown more urgent and more important, we believe, as the prospect of a brokered convention is floated,” the memo reads. “It is this group’s belief that a brokered convention is a recipe for Hillary Clinton’s election and the death of the Republican Party.”
Beauties, do you think Condoleezza Rice would stand a chance of disrupting the presidential race if she were to run against Trump and Clinton?
Famous, Black, & Republican
1. Donnie Mcclurkin is a registered Republican. (PR)1 of 16
2. Condoleeza Rice is a registered RepublicanSource:PR 2 of 16
3. Colin Powell served as U.S. Secretary of State under President George W. BushSource:PR 3 of 16
4. Stacey Dash supports Mitt RomneySource:YouTube Screenshot 4 of 16
5. Zora Neale Hurston was a supporter of the Republican Party for much of her life5 of 16
6. 50 Cent is a registered Republican. (PR)Source:PR 6 of 16
7. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is a registered Republican.Source:The Rock Instagram 7 of 16
8. "Divorce Court" judge, Lynn Toler, is black and Republican.8 of 16
9. Jimmie "JJ" Walker is a registered Republican. (PR)9 of 16
10. Sheryl Underwood is a registered Republican. (PR)10 of 16
11. Don King is a registered Republican. (PR)11 of 16
12. Karl Malone is a registered Republican. (PR)12 of 16
13. Bishop T.D. Jakes is a registered Republican. (AP)13 of 16
14. Joseph C. Phillips is a registered Republican.14 of 16
15. Wilt Chamberlain is a registered Republican. (AP)15 of 16
16. Greg Anthony supports Mitt Romney.16 of 16
SOURCE: Capital New York