Deadmau5 started the beef Tuesday night when he responded to a recent ‘Ye tweet that showed the rapper had a tab of popular torrent site The Pirate Bay up on his computer screen. Kanye appeared to be downloading a copy of Serum which is a music editing software sold by XFer Records. Deadmau5, whose real name is Joel Thomas Zimmerman, is a co-founder of Xfer Records and didn’t seem too pleased with ‘Ye allegedly not paying for the software.
He then suggested starting a Kickstarter campaign so that Kanye could afford it.
It wasn’t long before Kanye got wind of Deadmau5’s disapproval.
Deadmau5 responded to Kanye in a more abrupt and shortened manner.
9 'Kanyeisms' We Are Going To Immediately Incorporate Into Our Daily Speech
1. 9 "Kanyeisms" We Are Going To Immediately Incorporate Into Our Daily Speech1 of 6
2. "I am Warhol. I am the #1 most impactful artist of our generation. I am Shakespeare in the flesh.Walt Disney. Nike. Google."2 of 6
3. "I am your OG and will be respected as such"3 of 6
4. "How Sway? You ain't got the answers Sway!"4 of 6
5. "Am I in fashion?? You see this coat?"5 of 6
6. "I went to look at your twitter and you were wearing cool pants"6 of 6
SOURCE: Twitter | PHOTO SOURCE: Getty