Deadmau5 started the beef Tuesday night when he responded to a recent ‘Ye tweet that showed the rapper had a tab of popular torrent site The Pirate Bay up on his computer screen. Kanye appeared to be downloading a copy of Serum which is a music editing software sold by XFer Records. Deadmau5, whose real name is Joel Thomas Zimmerman, is a co-founder of Xfer Records and didn’t seem too pleased with ‘Ye allegedly not paying for the software.
He then suggested starting a Kickstarter campaign so that Kanye could afford it.
It wasn’t long before Kanye got wind of Deadmau5’s disapproval.
Deadmau5 responded to Kanye in a more abrupt and shortened manner.
9 'Kanyeisms' We Are Going To Immediately Incorporate Into Our Daily Speech
1. 9 "Kanyeisms" We Are Going To Immediately Incorporate Into Our Daily Speech1 of 5
2. "I am your OG and will be respected as such"2 of 5
3. "How Sway? You ain't got the answers Sway!"3 of 5
4. "Am I in fashion?? You see this coat?"4 of 5
5. "I went to look at your twitter and you were wearing cool pants"5 of 5
SOURCE: Twitter | PHOTO SOURCE: Getty
Kanye West Continues His Rant Series, Takes Shots At Deadmau5 was originally published on globalgrind.com