Bobby Brown’s latest baby news might have caused him to seek help for his former addictions.
According to the New York Daily News, the singer has allegedly returned to rehab following the news he is expecting a seventh child with wife Alicia Etheredge. The two have been married since 2012; Etheredge gave birth to their daughter Bodhi in July.
A source close to the entertainer claims he is looking to be treated in California for alcohol and substance abuse. Both Brown’s lawyer and wife denied the claims.
The last time Brown sought professional help for his tumultuous past was in 2012, the same year Whitney Houston was found dead in a Beverly Hills hotel room. In February 2013, the singer was charged with a DUI and placed in an 18-month rehabilitation program. He also served a 55-day sentence via electronic ankle bracelet and was given four years of informal probation.
Since the death of his ex-wife Whitney and daughter Bobbi Kristina, Brown has continued working on a new memoir that highlights the painful summer he lost his daughter. Brown told Billboard:
“I was surprised by how therapeutic it was to work on this project, to look at the entire arc of my life and to realize that although there has been considerable pain, I have also been incredibly blessed,” Brown said. “I hope my fans and other readers of this book will be entertained by this trip into the crazy, exciting, fascinating world of Bobby Brown. And I hope they will feel that I have been as honest and open with them in these pages as I have tried to be my entire life.”
Brown reveals he didn’t use cocaine until after he met Houston and offers more details about their relationship. The book is expected to hit stores in June.
Bobby Brown Through the Years
1. 1. Bobby Brown in 1992 at the MTV Music Awards. (Photo: PRphotos)1 of 12
2. 2. Bobby Brown in New Edition. (Photo: Retna)2 of 12
3. 3. Bobby Brown with Whitney Houston in 1997. (Photo: Retna)3 of 12
4. 4. Bobby Brown with Whitney Houston in 1997. (Photo: Retna)4 of 12
5. 5. Bobby Brown in 2004 with daughter Bobbi Kristina and Whitney Houston. (Photo: PRphotos)5 of 12
6. 6. Bobby Brown in 2005 at the 25th BET Anniversary. (Photo: PRphotos)6 of 12
7. 7. Bobby Brown in 2009 with New Edition members Johnny Gill and Ralph Tresvant. (Photo: PRphotos)7 of 12
8. 8. Bobby Brown with Wife Alicia Etheredge in 2010. (Photo: PRphotos)8 of 12
9. 9. Bobby Brown with Wife Alicia Etheredge in 2011. (Photo: PRphotos)9 of 12
10. 10. R&B legend Bobby Brown in 2011. (Photo: Retna)10 of 12
11. 11. Bobby Brown in Concert on the "Today Show" in 2012.11 of 12
12. 12. Bobby Brown and Wife Alicia Etheredge at their wedding in June 2012.12 of 12
Bobby Brown Reportedly Returns To Rehab After News Of Seventh Child was originally published on newsone.com