Chrissy Teigen has been candid about her issues with fertility. After years of trying to conceive, the model and talk show host is excitedly expecting her first child with husband John Legend this spring.
At the beginning of her pregnancy, Chrissy famously declared, “get out of my uterus” and she claimed she was done talking about her personal life because of negative comments on social media. However, in efforts to sell her new cookbook “Cravings” she’s backpedaled on those statements.
In an interview with People Magazine she shared that she and John chose the sex of their baby prior to her pregnancy.
“I made this decision. Not only am I having a girl, but I picked the girl from her little embryo. I picked her and was like, ‘Let’s put in the girl,’” said Chrissy.
While it would seem as if all father’s would want their first born to be a son, Chrissy thought otherwise:
“I think I was most excited and allured by the fact that John would be the best father to a little girl. That excited me. Just the thought of seeing him with a little girl. I think he deserves a little girl. I think he deserves that bond. A boy will come along.”
She added that the pair have been practicing their parental skills with their dog. “Puddy our bulldog was John’s first dog ever,” she said. “He never suspected he could love something like that ever, so it’s so funny seeing him interact with them and knowing that’s the way he’s going to speak to our kid.”
After dating for six years and getting married in 2013, Chrissy says she may know her husband better than he knows himself but they’ll soon discover new aspects of each other as parents.
“I think we’ll have two very different styles. I’m excited to see that part of John; We’ve been together so long, and sometimes we look at each other and we’re like, ‘I know everything about you and you know everything about me,’ but we have no idea what we’re going to be like as parents. I think it’ll be really fun. I’m excited.”
Every Time Chrissy Teigen’s Maternity Style Mirrored Mrs. West
1. Gray with the trench coat.Source:Splash, Getty 1 of 9
2. Who rocked a see-through turtleneck better?Source:Splash, Getty 2 of 9
3. Comfort is key while expecting, hence their choice of harem pants and the military-green trench.Source:Splash, Getty 3 of 9
4. Twinning.Source:Splash, Getty 4 of 9
5. Chrissy’s black gown was very similar to the dress Kim wore to a CFDA event back in October.Source:Splash, Getty 5 of 9
6. Chrissy wore her white gown on the green carpet, while Kim rocked hers for the concrete catwalk in Paris.Source:Splash, Getty 6 of 9
7. Being pregnant doesn’t mean that you have to shy away from the sheer.Source:Splash, Getty 7 of 9
8. A midi-skirt paired with lace-up heels and a coat? Classic Kim.Source:Splash, Getty 8 of 9
9. Clearly, Chrissy and Kim are on a similar vibe.Source:Splash, Getty 9 of 9