In the wake of #OscarsSoWhite, many of your favorite celebrities have decided to ban together to make a difference in the lives of others. On Sunday, February 28th, Selma director Ava DuVernay, Creed director Ryan Coogler, Grey’s Anatomy star, Jesse Williams, Grammy nominated singer Janelle Monáe and more are participating in #JusticeForFlint.
For the past two years, residents of Flint, Michigan have been afflicted by lead contaminated water and their local government’s response has lacked a sense of urgency.
“With the #JUSTICEFORFLINT benefit event we will give a voice to the members of the community who were the victims of the choices of people in power who are paid to protect them, as well as provide them with a night of entertainment, unity, and emotional healing” he said.
“Through the live stream we will also give a chance for people around the world to participate, and to donate funds to programs for Flint’s youth.”
#JusticeForFlint will be held at the Whiting Auditorium (1241 E. Kearsley St.) on the 28th beginning at 5:30 p.m. ET. It will also be live-streamed via Sean P. Diddy Comb’s network, revolt.tv. Donations will be collected at the event and accepted via text. The forum will also allow Flint residents the opportunity to share how their lives have been impacted since the onset of the water crisis.
While some may say Coogler intentionally chose to hold his event in the midst of the Academy Awards telecast; in which his critically acclaimed film Creed was shut out of any nominations, the 29-year-old director said the date just so happened to be the last weekend of Black History Month.
16 Sexy Photos Of Best Buds Ryan Coogler & Michael B. Jordan
1. Put the guns away, baby.Source:Instagram 1 of 14
2. That’s a fine man.Source:Splash News 2 of 14
3. Natural-born ladies’ men.Source:Splash News 3 of 14
4. Chocolate brown skin with the dimples.Source:Splash News 4 of 14
5. And they look good serious too.Source:Splash News 5 of 14
6. Mr. Coogler will see you now.Source:Splash News 6 of 14
7. They don’t make ’em like this anymore.Source:Splash News 7 of 14
8. Are we dreaming?Source:Splash News 8 of 14
9. We’ve got to be dreaming.Source:Splash News 9 of 14
10. Anything for you, Michael.Source:Splash News 10 of 14
11. #BeardGang.Source:Splash News 11 of 14
12. We’re lost in his eyes.Source:Splash News 12 of 14
13. God bless America.Source:Splash News 13 of 14
14. Pure hunkiness.Source:Getty 14 of 14