At only 5-years-old, Chloe Woods is considered a hero. The Kenner, Louisiana native saved her blind grandmother’s life when her stove caught on fire.
Woods quick thinking was a result of her school’s recent visit to the Kenner Fire House where she learned what to do in the midst of danger. Upon hearing her grandmother smoke detector go off, Chloe rushed into the elders room and told her to hold onto her shoulder as she navigated them out of the house.
“I wanted water, to pour on it,” said Chloe who made the better decision to leave instead of trying to take matters into her own hands. The little girl also made sure the family dog left the scene.
Chloe’s mother, Shone Arceneaux, was in the area dropping off other kids as apart of a carpool when the fire initially happened. She got to the scene in the midst of Chloe running to a neighbor’s home to call 911.
Kenner Fire Department Chief John Hellmers said that because the little girl paid attention on a field trip, tragedy was avoided.
“She saved her grandmother’s life and saved her own life,” said Hellmers.
Glamorous Celebrity Grandmothers
1. Kris JennerSource:PRPhotos.com 1 of 10
2. Chaka Khan definitely ranks as a glamorous grandmotherSource:PR Photos 2 of 10
3. NeNe Leakes is the proud grandmother of Bri'asia BryantSource:Instagram 3 of 10
4. Glam fashionista Tina Knowles has four grand kidsSource:PR Photos 4 of 10
5. Marian Robinson, Michelle Obama's mother, has five grandchildrenSource:AP 5 of 10
6. Sexy Swedish singer Neneh Cherry has been a grandmother since 2004Source:Flickr 6 of 10
7. Gotta give a shout-out to Katherine Jackson - Gran of the Year. According to Wikipedia, she has around 27 grandchildren.Source:AP 7 of 10
8. Music icon Tina Turner has two grandchildren, a grandson and a granddaughter. (PR Photos)Source:PR Photos 8 of 10
9. Diana Ross makes our list of glamorous grandmas. (Photo: Retna)Source:PR Photos 9 of 10
10. Sonya Curry10 of 10
5-Year-Old Saves Her Blind Grandmother During House Fire was originally published on hellobeautiful.com