Leave a comment

At only 5-years-old, Chloe Woods is considered a hero. The Kenner, Louisiana native saved her blind grandmother’s life when her stove caught on fire.

Sign Up For Our Newsletter!

Woods quick thinking was a result of her school’s recent visit to the Kenner Fire House where she learned what to do in the midst of danger. Upon hearing her grandmother smoke detector go off, Chloe rushed into the elders room and told her to hold onto her shoulder as she navigated them out of the house.

“I wanted water, to pour on it,” said Chloe who made the better decision to leave instead of trying to take matters into her own hands. The little girl also made sure the family dog left the scene.

Chloe’s mother, Shone Arceneaux, was in the area dropping off other kids as apart of a carpool when the fire initially happened. She got to the scene in the midst of Chloe running to a neighbor’s home to call 911.

Kenner Fire Department Chief John Hellmers said that because the little girl paid attention on a field trip, tragedy was avoided.

“She saved her grandmother’s life and saved her own life,” said Hellmers.


SOURCE: WUSA9

RELATED STORIES:

#BlackGirlMagic: Former Cashier, Ann-Marie Campbell, Named Executive VP Of Home Depot

#BlackGirlMagic: Taraji P. Henson, Mary J. Blige & Kerry Washington Show Us How To Get Over An Ex

comments – Add Yours