was laid to rest this past weekend in New Jersey in a cemetery plot next to her late mother, Bobbi Kristina Brown . Whitney Houston
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
: E! News
Bobby Brown’s late daughter, 22, was buried in a private ceremony at Fairview Cemetery in Westfield, N.J. Her casket arrived in a procession at 1 p.m. after first arriving at Whigham Funeral Home, which handled Whitney’s arrangements three years ago.
Surrounding roads were closed to make way for family and friends and to give them privacy. The burial comes only two days after Bobbi Kristina was honored in a “perfect” funeral, according to Ellin LaVar, Whitney’s former hairstylist.
Family members in attendance included
, and Bobby Brown, Leolah Brown, Tina Brown, Pat Houston . Family friend Cissy Houston shared a moving video montage of Bobbi Kristina comprised of photos and videos from her birth to maturity. Tyler Perry
Unfortunately, Perry also had to escort Leolah out of the service after she reportedly began to complain about Pat Houston, a co-guardian of Bobbi Kristina’s estate.
Bobbi Kristina’s otherwise peaceful funeral has been somewhat tarnished by the alleged sale of a photo of her lying in a coffin. Headlines swirled a few weeks ago when a similar incident occurred; an alleged relative of Bobbi Kristina’s was said to be shopping a photo of her in hospice care for $100,000 to news outlets. Though unsuccessful on the first shopping of the hospice photo, the reprehensible behavior succeeded this time: the photo of Bobbi Kristina in her coffin has reportedly been purchased for $100,000.
: Gossip Cop
As Gossip Cop previously reported, a similar occurrence happened to Brown’s mother Whitney Houston back in 2012 when the
National Enquirer published a sneaked photo of the singer in her open casket. Hopefully, there will be as much outrage and disgust with the outlet that publishes the Brown photo as there was with Enquirer back then.
Rest easy, Bobbi Kristina.
Take Our Poll
SOURCE: E! News, Gossip Cop | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty Images
Bobbi Kristina Through The Years (PHOTOS)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Bobby Brown, singer Whitney Houston, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive to Los Angeles on June 9, 1993.
1 of 25
2. Whitney Houston, singer Bobby Brown, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown attend Bobby Brown's 25th Birthday Party on February 4, 1994 at Tavern on the Green.
2 of 25
3. Bobby Brown and daughter Bobbi Kristina circa March 1994.
3 of 25
4. Bobby Brown, singer Whitney Houston, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive from New York City on June 18, 1995.
4 of 25
5. Mommy's girl! Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown depart for New York City on July 1, 1995 at Los Angeles International Airport.
5 of 25
6. Singer Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown attend "The Preacher's Wife" premiere together in New York City on December 9, 1996.
6 of 25
7. Whitney Houston, Bobby Brown, & Bobbi at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills circa October '98.
7 of 25
8. Daughter Bobbi walks the carpet with her mother Whitney Houston in March of 1999.
8 of 25
9. Whitney Houston with her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown and husband Bobbi Brown onstage during a concert on July 16, 1999.
9 of 25
10. Whitney Houston kisses her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown during the 1st Annual BET Awards on June 19, 2001.
10 of 25
11. Bobby, Whitney, and Bobbi pose for a flick at he 2002 VH1 Divas show.
11 of 25
12. Whitney, Bobby, and Bobbi smile during Praise Power in 2003.
12 of 25
13. The Browns posed with Mickey and Minnie at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" premiere.
13 of 25
14. Bobbi Kristina Brown and Whitney Houston perform in Central Park on September 1, 2009.
14 of 25
15. Bobbi and Whitney wore all black to the 2009 American Music Awards.
15 of 25
16. Bobbi hugs her mother at the 2011 Pre-GRAMMY Gala and Salute To Industry Icons Honoring David Geffen.
16 of 25
17. Whitney Houston and her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive at Kelly Price & Friends Unplugged: For The Love Of R&B GRAMMY Party.
17 of 25
18. Bobbi Kristina arriving at Whigham Funeral Home for a private viewing for her mother, Whitney Houston.
18 of 25
19. Pat Houston and Bobbi Kristina Brown accept the Millennium Award on behalf of Whitney Houston onstage at the 2012 Billboard Music Awards.
19 of 25
20. Bobbi Kristina and Nick Gordon at the premiere of "Sparkle" at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.
20 of 25
21. Bobbi salutes the poster for her mother's movie during the premiere of "Sparkle" at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.
21 of 25
22. Bobbi Kristina at the We Will Always Love You: A GRAMMY Salute to Whitney event.
22 of 25
23. Cissy Houston and Bobbi Kristina Brown attend "The Houstons: On Our Own" Series Premiere Party at the Tribeca Grand Hotel in NYC.
23 of 25
24. Nick Gordon kisses Bobbi Kristina Brown at "The Houstons: On Our Own" series premiere party.
24 of 25
25. Bobbi Kristina Brown attends the GRAMMY Gift Lounge during the 56th Grammy Awards at Staples Center.
25 of 25
Bobbi Kristina Brown Dies, Celebrities React Via Social Media
23 photos Launch gallery
1 of 23
2. Jussie Smollett
2 of 23
3 of 23
4. Meek Mill
4 of 23
5. Vivica Fox
5 of 23
6. Sherri Shepherd
6 of 23
7. Reggie Bush
7 of 23
8. Erykah Badu
8 of 23
9. Kylie Jenner
9 of 23
10 of 23
11. Paul Abdul
11 of 23
12. Dr. Phil
12 of 23
13. Ava Duvernay
13 of 23
14 of 23
15. Wendy Williams
15 of 23
16. Missy Elliott
16 of 23
17. Taraji P. Henson
17 of 23
18 of 23
19. Tamar Braxton
19 of 23
20. Swizz Beatz
20 of 23
21. Jamie Foxx
21 of 23
22. Keisha Epps
22 of 23
23. Monica Brown
23 of 23