The 29-year-old actress, with the help of Whoopi Goldberg, made the big announcement just before the start of Wednesday’s show. After Goldberg welcomed Symoné to the stage, the actress embraced her co-hosts Rosie Perez and Nicolle Wallace. Raven also presented treats to the ladies.
“I am so happy. I remember coming on The View when I was 15 years old for The Cheetah Girls,” Raven-Symoné said after she took her seat on Wednesday’s show, adding that she came back multiple times since then. “I’m very happy to be sitting with these smart, talented mentors…Let’s have some fun!”
Symoné has been on the show 37 times so far, bringing attention and a bit of controversy along with her. Creator, former co-host, and executive producer Barbara Walters welcomed Raven to the show in a statement released by ABC.
“Raven-Symoné is a welcome addition to The View,” she said. “She is happy, amusing and well informed, and has already brought a unique perspective to the program that has resonated with our audience.”
The Empire actress also released a statement of her own following the news:
“The Disney Company has made another one of my dreams come true! Being a part of The View family will be a wonderful growing experience for me,” Raven-Symone added in a statement released by ABC with the news of her joining the show. “The cast and crew are warm and welcoming and has made the transition into daytime talk easier. I have a lot to learn within this new arena, but being the apprentice of these spectacular women will only make me a better person and talk show host. I want to thank ABC, ABC News and The Disney Company for believing in me and my potential!”
The show has gone through their fair share of hosts in the past few years. After comediennes Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy exited last year, Rosie O’Donnell returned, but eventually left for personal reasons.
Do you think Symoné is a good fit for the The View? Sound off in the comments below.
SOURCE: The Hollywood Reporter | VIDEO CREDIT: YouTube
15 Times Raven-Symone Was Undeniably Black (PHOTOS)
1. That Time When She Co-Starred On The Single Most Important Show About Black Families: "The Cosby Show."1 of 15
2. Actually Black.2 of 15
3. When She Showed Off Her #TeamNatural Afro. Key Term: Afro.3 of 15
4. Rapping With Da Brat.4 of 15
5. That's So Black.5 of 15
6. Showing Off Her Nikes For The 'Gram...Such A Black Thing To Do.6 of 15
7. Black Family Portrait.7 of 15
8. Raven Rockin' A Kufi.8 of 15
9. This...9 of 15
10. Rockin' These Modern-Day Cealie Dooky Plaits.10 of 15
11. Kufi & A BoomBox.11 of 15
12. That Time She Created This Beautiful Drawing Of An African Woman.12 of 15
13. This Whole Outfit Is African Inspired.13 of 15
14. That Time She Was Walking Around The Streets Of D.C. In A Floor-Length Fur...Looking Like Someone's Black Grandma.14 of 15
15. Terrible Black Fashion Circa 2003.15 of 15
Raven-Symoné Named Permanent Co-Host Of “The View” [VIDEO] was originally published on newsone.com