Solange Knowles performed on Saturday Night Live for the first time last night, singing “Cranes in the Sky” and “Don’t Touch My Hair”. The songs are from A Seat at the Table, her first project to rank No. 1 on the Billboard 200 list— and also, her most woke album yet.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Introduced to the audience by host Benedict Cumberbatch, the 30-year-old performed with a full band and three backup singers/dancers. Filled with contagious energy, the all-Black group were a beam of power. And that emotion was only heightened when UK singer-songwriter/producer Sampha joined the group for “Don’t Touch My Hair”.
Behind the scenes her mother Tina Lawson and sister Beyoncé were there for support. They even picked her up in a celebratory move after the show!
For the performances, Solange wore white outfits and silver booties, both looks tapping into her insane fashion sense. But the most impressive part of the singer’s look was her hair. Led by the talented Chuckie Amos, she had three styles: cornrows braided into a crown by Shani Crowe, big hair teased out, and a weave basket look.
“Man oh man. Love is real and this is proof,” said stylist Crowe. “It’s been a pleasure to work with someone with such magic and integrity. Not to mention the whole team of outstanding artists, musicians, and all around good people. 40+ hours of beading and braiding well spent. I have so many feelings! Infinite Gratitude for such divine synergy!”
We hope this stellar performance emboldens her to go on tour and spread the magic.
30 Times Solange Knowles Slayed The Fashion Game
1. Solange Knowles puts a spin on all white for her wedding.Source:Getty 1 of 30
2. The slayage needs a moment.Source:Getty 2 of 30
3. She really pulled no punches at the 2016 Met Gala.Source:Getty 3 of 30
4. Solange shows off her long legs in a colorful ‘fit she paired with natural locks.Source:Getty 4 of 30
5. Stunning at the 2012 Met Gala.Source:Getty 5 of 30
6. Baby in blue.Source:Getty 6 of 30
7. What style, what a smile.Source:Getty 7 of 30
8. Solo goes braless at the 2016 Regent Street Flagship store opening in London.Source:Getty 8 of 30
9. She even slays her everyday ‘fits.Source:Getty 9 of 30
10. When your style comes in different shapes and sizes.Source:Getty 10 of 30
11. Carven fashion show in Paris.Source:Splash News 11 of 30
12. Solange kills all white at the ‘Gloss: The Work Of Chris Von Wangenheim’ Book Launch Party.Source:Getty 12 of 30
13. She’s always ready for her close-up.Source:Getty 13 of 30
14. Solange goes floral with a red lippie.Source:Getty 14 of 30
15. Front row at the 2016 Prabal Gurung NY Fashion Week show.Source:Getty 15 of 30
16. Solo’s got many talents – getting the party live is one of ’em.Source:Getty 16 of 30
17. Pretty in pink.Source:Getty 17 of 30
18. Seriously gorgeous at this year’s NY Fashion Week.Source:Getty 18 of 30
19. She always shows out for her man.Source:Getty 19 of 30
20. Oh-so-militant.Source:Getty 20 of 30
21. Solange’s color palette knows no bounds.Source:Getty 21 of 30
22. A close-up of Solo show-stopping in L.A.Source:Getty 22 of 30
23. Pretty in purple.Source:Getty 23 of 30
24. Solo embraces NY’s Spring weather in a casual, but super cute ‘fit.Source:Getty 24 of 30
25. Bonnaroo looks good on baby girl.Source:Getty 25 of 30
26. Look at her rock the 2013 Bonnaroo Music And Arts Festival stage.Source:Getty 26 of 30
27. Glamour girl.Source:Getty 27 of 30
28. Can you handle it?Source:Getty 28 of 30
29. Money green at the 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards.Source:Getty 29 of 30
30. Pure perfection.Source:Getty 30 of 30
Solange Shares Brazilian Honeymoon Escape [PHOTOS]
1. Solange’s honeymoon in BrazilSource:Instagram 1 of 3
2. Solange’s honeymoon in BrazilSource:Instagram 2 of 3
3. Solange’s honeymoon in BrazilSource:Instagram 3 of 3