Is Blake Shelton the guy we all thought he was? The Voice is trying their hand at damage control after the country singer’s old tweets were dug up to display what many are calling his racist, sexist, homophobic, and “just-plain-creepy” attitude. Blake’s tweets date back to 2010, but are bewildering enough to do a lot of harm to his current household name as a judge on the televised singing competition.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
According to a new report from Page Six, “publicists for the NBC talent show called at least one major media outlet and threatened to cut off access to the show’s stars, and tapings, if it continued to cover the kerfuffle. Sure enough, while links to stories about the fan backlash and his family’s reaction can still be found on a certain entertainment news site, by Tuesday they led to blank pages.”
In case you were too busy to follow the mayhem on Saturday when his tweets were reposted online, here’s just some of what Blake had to say:
In the cache of messages were offensive remarks including, “wish the [bleep]head in the next room would either shut up or learn some English so I would at least know what he’s planning to bomb,” and, “standing in line at a coffee shop in LA talking with the man in front of me. He orders a skinny caramel latte. I couldn’t tell he was gay!!!”
In another, Shelton said he was “flying home to sleep with two young blonde and black haired bitches,” and bizarrely, when referring to then-16-year-old actress Dakota Fanning, he wrote “Soo . . . I just figured out a great excuse for my sick fantasy about Dakota Fanning. I thought she was Amanda Seyfried.”
Pretty disturbing, right? Still, his camp reportedly thinks it’ll all “blow over” soon.
Said a Page Six source, “His people think this will blow over, but as the scandal unfolded reps for ‘The Voice’ called at least one site and asked them not to run [coverage] in exchange for continued access to the show,” which might include perks like interview opportunities with stars Christina Aguilera and Adam Levine, as well as tickets to tapings.
We’re not so sure this will just blow over. Blake pretty much covered all his bases as far as intolerance goes. Thoughts?
The Voice: Usher, Shakira, Adam Levine, and Blake Shelton’s Sexiest Moments
1. Shakira is one hot momma.Source:Wenn 1 of 21
2. Her hips don’t lie…Source:Wenn 2 of 21
3. We want you too Shakira…Source:NBC 3 of 21
4. Shakira KILLED it in GQ Spain.Source:GQ Spain 4 of 21
5. She’s always on her sexiest behavior.Source:Elle 5 of 21
6. We’ll never get enough…Source:Youtube 6 of 21
7. Usher’s body is its own entity.Source:Men's Health Magazine 7 of 21
8. We can’t stop staring, can you?Source:Men's Health Magazine 8 of 21
9. Usher’s smile is everything!Source:NBC 9 of 21
10. Usher we have something to confess to you…Source:Vevo Screenshot 10 of 21
11. We’re in love.Source:Vegas Maagazine 11 of 21
12. Just say you love us back.Source:Wenn 12 of 21
13. Throwback!Source:Wenn 13 of 21
14. Does it get much better than this?Source:OUT Magazine 14 of 21
15. Seriously, he’s gorgeous.Source:NBC 15 of 21
16. Did we mention, he’s gorgeous?Source:OUT Magazine 16 of 21
17. … And his body is everything.Source:OUT Magazine 17 of 21
18. Seriously, He’s everything.Source:OUT Magazine 18 of 21
19. Blake Shelton is super hot when he’s doing what he loves…Source:Wenn 19 of 21
20. Look at all that muscle.Source:NBC 20 of 21
21. Now that’s sexy.Source:People Magazine 21 of 21
SOURCE: Page Six | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty