Jhene Aiko has FINALLY spoken out about what’s been going on in her love life. And it’s not pretty.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
So here’s deal: After dating New York City-based record producer Oladipo “Dot da Genius” Omishore for nearly two years, the pair married. News of this union came out March 2016. Soon after Aiko released an album with Big Sean, under the duo name of Twenty88. The highly sexual promotional ads, videos, and chemistry between the pair had many questioning the status of her marriage.
After months of speculation, the 28-year-old filed for divorce from her husband of 11 months, citing “irreconcilable differences”, and denying him spousal support, as reported by TMZ. Coinciding with the filing was a video of the singer kissing Big Sean on stage at their concert.
So of course, it appeared as if she cheated on her husband.
But after months of not addressing the public, the mother-of-one has finally spoke out. And what she has to say is quite surprising.
“Never let a man disrespect you in any way,” she said on Twitter in response to why she left Omishore. “He jumped ship a long time ago, he wants to be the victim and I’ll let his b**ch ass assume the role,” she says in another tweet noted by Love B Scott.
And in response to someone asking her why she didn’t leave before “cheating” she replied, “I only cheated myself. So glad to be free from all the drugs, depression and confrontation.”
To add his two cents (read: make matters worse), Kid Cudi who’s friends with Omishore decided to retweet an old mesage threatening Jhene if she “hurt him”.
“The funny thing is, we aint sweatin these bum b**ches and these corn ball a** nig**s,” said the rapper who used to be label mates with Big Sean. “We too busy makin better music.”
So there you have it. Everyone sounds a little bitter and we’ll probably be hearing more, once Omishore responds to the divorce filing.
We Tried To Make It Work: Divorced Celebs [PHOTOS]
1. Mike EppsSource:PR Photos 1 of 16
2. Dwayne WadeSource:PR 2 of 16
3. Kimora Lee Simmons and Djimon Honsou3 of 16
4. Usher and Tameka Raymond were once married…but as we know, it didn’t work out.4 of 16
5. Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey5 of 16
6. Mashonda Tifrere was once married to Swizz Beatz.6 of 16
7. Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose7 of 16
8. Kimora and Russell Simmons8 of 16
9. Janet Jackson has been divorced…twice.Source:AP) 9 of 16
10. ‘All My Children’ star and current guest star on ‘Power’ Debbi Morgan has been married…and divorced four times.10 of 16
11. Eric Benet was married to and divorced from Halle Berry. Now they are both married to other people.11 of 16
12. Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz were once husband and wife.12 of 16
13. And we thought it would last – Evelyn Lozada and Ocho Cinco.13 of 16
14. Yup, Shaunie really was a basketball wife, she was married to Shaquille O’Neal.14 of 16
15. Allen and Tawanna Iverson are legally divorced, but have apparently reconciled, although they haven’t remarried.15 of 16
16. Not quite divorced yet, but the papers have been filed and it’s been finalized…but will Khloe and Lamar go through with it?16 of 16