Nate Parker happily welcomed his fourth daughter with wife, Sarah DiSanto, recently. But Twitter, who apparently didn’t know his wife isn’t Black, was not exactly here for the news.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
As background: The pair met in college and have been married for nine years.
But as Hip Hop Wired notes, their long-time relationship matters not to Black Twitter: People are up in arms of course because, an actor who has played in every other race-driven drama where Black people have to prove they are just as good as White people (Nat Turner’s biopic, A Birth Of A Nation) and then turns around and makes a Nat Turner movie can’t have a White wife, yo.
The 36-year-old has starred in ensemble Black casts in Red Tails, The Great Debaters, Red Hook Summer, Pride, and Beyond the Lights with Gugu Mbatha-Raw.
So it’s understandable why people were a bit surprised, but the comments were nonetheless hilarious.
But others were more introspective.
Luckily, we’re pretty sure Nate doesn’t make his life choices based on the opinions of Twitter. Either way, we’re happy for his new addition.
What Gives? Five Celebrity Babies We’ve Never Seen
1. Cam NewtonSource:Instagram 1 of 7
2. Eddie Murphy and Paige ButcherSource:PR Photos 2 of 7
3. Tae Heckard and Brandon JenningsSource:Instagram 3 of 7
4. Ludacris and EudoxieSource:Instagram 4 of 7
5. Tyler PerrySource:AP 5 of 7
6. Draya and Orlando ScandrickSource:PR 6 of 7
7. Kerry WashingtonSource:PR 7 of 7