Amber Rose continues to vehemently speak out on rape culture and slut shaming, most recently making an appearance on Tyrese Gibson and Rev. Run’s OWN talk show, It’s Not You, It’s Men on Sat Feb 20.
In a sneak peek of the program, the 32-year-old corrects the gentlemen when talking about consent. Tyrese in his infinite chauvinistic ways tried to compare freely touching a woman to touching a basketball player. Clearly, it made no sense.
“That’s not the same thing Tyrese, ya’ll know that,” Rose said. “If I’m laying down with a man, butt naked, and his condom is on, and I say, ‘you know what, no, I don’t wanna do this. I changed my mind,’ that means no. That means f**king no, that’s it. It doesn’t matter how far I take it or what I have on. When I say no, it means no.”
The conversation around rape has drastically improved in the 21st century. What used to be a concealed shame for many women, has become a platform for discussing women’s rights. Sadly according to a 2015 National Sexual Violence Resource Center report, one in five women and one in 71 men will be raped at some point in their lives.
In the defense of Tyrese, Rev. Run who is an ordained Pentecostal minister, said “I’ve heard a quote that said ‘dress how you want to be addressed,’ and it’s just, there’s some validity to that.”
But Rose had a quick reply to that comment, “Oh, boo! That’s not realistic. Stop it.” Adding, “If I want to wear a short skirt or a tank top, and I’m at the club and I’m having fun with my friends and I feel sexy, I’m not DTF. I didn’t come here to have sex. I didn’t come here to hook up with nobody. I came out here with my girls and I just feel pretty. I’m not ‘asking for’ nothing.”
The mother of one, admits to be a slut shamer in the past but changed her ways after realizing the effect it has on women. Last October her SlutWalks gathered hundreds of supporters who believe there are double standards and victim-blaming that underline a pervasive culture of sexual violence.
Since then, Rose has consistently spoke out as a feminist, defending women’s right.
To see the full episode of It’s Not You, It’s Men, visit the website here.
Hundreds Join Amber Rose For Her 2015 SlutWalk In Los Angeles
1. And it begins #amberroseslutwalk #MyMommy #FuckYo30Showers #NoSlutShamingSource:Instagram 1 of 15
2. Amber Rose on stage at the 2015 SlutWalk in Los Angeles.Source:Splash 2 of 15
3. Amber Rose arriving at the SlutWalk.Source:Splash 3 of 15
4. Amber Rose standing beside her mother at the 2015 SlutWalk.Source:Splash 4 of 15
5. Amber Rose hosts SlutWalk 2015 in Downtown Los Angeles, Ca.Source:Splash 5 of 15
6. Amber Rose hosts SlutWalk 2015 in Downtown Los Angeles, Ca.Source:Splash 6 of 15
7. Nick Cannon seen taking pictures with fans at the 2015 SlutWalk.Source:Splash 7 of 15
8. Amber Rose writing on the Wall Of Shame at the SlutWalk.Source:Splash 8 of 15
9. Amber Rose breaks down when talking about Wiz Khalifa at the SlutWalk.Source:Splash 9 of 15
10. Bullshit. #amberroseslutwalkSource:Instagram 10 of 15
11. #amberroseslutwalkSource:Instagram 11 of 15
12. #amberroseslutwalk 😍😍😍🙌Source:Instagram 12 of 15
13. Wall of No Shame #amberroseslutwalk 😍😍😍Source:Instagram 13 of 15
14. #amberroseslutwalk 😍😍😍Source:Instagram 14 of 15
15. Kisses from Muva.Source:Instagram 15 of 15