We’re not sure if people caught the irony behind Kanye West asking Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook, for $1 billion on Twitter. Not to mention, in and of itself, it was odd that he asked for money on any public forum at all.
The request came after ‘Ye revealed that he’s up to his neck in debt, emphasis on “he,” as he and Kim have not merged their finances, even after getting married and having two kids together. Call it modern romance.
Back to our point, though. This whole time we’ve been wondering what Mr. Zuckerberg thought of Kanye’s expensive request – and now we know.
The famed billionaire allegedly liked a former Facebook employee’s post, and that said it all. The since-deleted post read:
Dear Kanye West: If you’re going to ask the CEO of Facebook for a billion dollars, maybe don’t do it on Twitter.
We can definitely see their point. Maybe the ask would’ve been better received had ‘Ye friended Mark on Facebook first.
We live and we learn.
9 “Kanyeisms” We Are Going To Immediately Incorporate Into Our Daily Speech (And When To Use Them)
1. 9 “Kanyeisms” We Are Going To Immediately Incorporate Into Our Daily Speech1 of 10
2. “I am Warhol. I am the #1 most impactful artist of our generation. I am Shakespeare in the flesh.Walt Disney. Nike. Google.”2 of 10
3. “I am your OG and will be respected as such”3 of 10
4. “You have distracted from my creative process”4 of 10
5. “Ima let you finish….”5 of 10
6. [We] brought the leather jogging pants six years ago to Fendi, and they said no. How many mother*ckers you done seen with a leather jogging pant?”6 of 10
7. “How Sway? You ain’t got the answers Sway!”7 of 10
8. “Am I in fashion?? You see this coat?”8 of 10
9. “I went to look at your twitter and you were wearing cool pants”9 of 10
10. “I hate when I’m on a flight and I wake up with a water bottle next to me like oh great now I gotta be responsible for this water bottle.”10 of 10
SOURCE: Complex | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty